The reseller acts as an agent for the web hosting company. The service is advertised by the reseller as being with the actual web hosting company.
People buy direct from the web hosting company but the reseller gets a cut if customers mention the reseller's name. They also offer different reseller webhosting packages.
The reseller acts as a marketer for the web hosting company. The service is advertised by the reseller as being with the actual web hosting company. People buy the service from the reseller but all further contact they have is direct with the web hosting company.
The reseller appears to be a web hosting company in his own right, handling sales and support.
A customer buys web space from the reseller who buys web space from the actual web hosting company. Customers contact the reseller for support.
TheReseller Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Shared Hosting plans - CPWebHosting purchases a large chunk of web space and bandwidths from the web hosting company and can then carve that into individual chunks of space/bandwidth for sale to customers. Customers contact the reseller for support.
If we buy a reseller web hosting plan it is both advantageous and disadvantageous
- we can have more flexibility with our web hosting accounts.
- we can save money.
- we can earn more revenue at little cost to ourself.
- we can focus on customer support and leave technical support to our web our web host, not us, absorbs server maintenance costs.
Disadvantages of reseller hosting:
- Our service is only as good as our upstream provider. If the server is frequently down, for example, we may lose clients.
- If we ever have to change web hosts, the move will be an inconvenience for our clients as well as for ourself.When we purchase a web hosting reseller account we are asked to choose reseller hosting program. Some provide hosting reseller on Linux and some on windows.
Some hosting resellers provide cheap reseller hosting plan. Hosting reseller companies also provides CPanel. Web hosting reseller show out their names to the customers with out letting them know the original name of the company.